Thursday, July 16, 2009

Can't We All Just Get Along?





Saw this on ebay and it made me go "hmmmmm." First thought; not enough fuel. Second thought; maybe? Anyone (DOC) know anything about this heads. There is a really cool posting on ebay how the current owner beat out Jesse James on buying them. Not enough info for me. It's got new cases and all that jazz, but anyone have any history on these heads? (The title was an attempt at humor using a quote from Rodney King in response to the Los Angeles riots and his questioning why the mixed races in a culturally diverse city could not live in harmony. I meant it in a manner where motorcyclist with English vs American brand loyalty could unite as do the Amals on the Panhead. Better chance with the bike guys at least they have something in common.)That was satyre. Am I still on morphine?
FHJ

6 comments:

drsprocket said...

Jedd, they look like stock aluminum panheads that have had some new ports welded on. Like a lot of the dual carb knuckles. I heard that some one is casting dual port knuckles now. Haven't seen any. the other side would show more.

drsprocket said...

Jedd, I was at a friend's house yesterday who has 4 period drag bikes. One dual carb knuck, a BSA , a monster w/ HD lower and 454 chevy heads (1 cylinder chopped of a head and bolted on the cylinder 2 times), but his newest find was the best. An early dragster w/VL frame, UL lower cases, and a twin JAP OHV motor upper end. Direct bolt on, cams and push rods line up perfectly, running a magneto, w/dual carbs.

Flathead Jedd said...

You took a picture I hope.

drsprocket said...

No, but I will!

Anonymous said...

S&S actually built 2 carb heads way back when. needless to say they are quite rare. Anders Nygren cast two carb Knuckleheads when he owned FHP. I understand that S&S will be producing the two carb Knuckleheads for their 103 inch. Knuckle in the up coming months. My buddy Booger from N.C. ran a 120 inch nitro Knuckle using the FHP twin carb heads back in the early part of this decade. I think that I sent you some images of the bike sometime back.

Flathead Jedd said...

That's awesome! You have a friend named Booger!?